Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22

I had become familiar with Overdrive and Netlibrary during LATI training. We had a tiny player to download and read from and it wasn't my idea of enjoying a book. I have browsed the title lists and what's available is expanded. I'm glad this is available for those patrons who use it but I still prefer a book over just listening or reading from a screen. I have listened to books on CD and it works well when I am confined to a car and the narrator is good. However, I have discovered that I tend to miss things in the story if I listen when I am working or moving about-I think I'm concentrating on what I'm doing and block it out when I should be listening! Great that the services are there but I want the visual pictures in my head and the interaction with the printed word-call me old fashioned!

No comments: