Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21 Podcasts

Podcast listening was a zany and slow experience. It seems I'm not as inclined to just listen to something (visual is my preferred style) so podcasts took some more concentration for me. I felt I encountered the good, the bad, and the ugly. I began with the library-related podcasts and didn't get the whole Nini thing-who would want to be seen like that?-I wasn't able to get good sound quality on some and if you can't hear, you miss it all. On the library sites I was surprised to find podcasts on popular stories, nursery rhymes, and songs as well as ones which shared library news, reviews, and interviews with authors and illustrators. On childrensbookradio there was an illustrator interview that I found difficult to listen to with no visuals! Rather boring! I did not add an RSS podcast feed here because I couldn't find any I felt I wanted to listen to on a regular basis. I guess I used lots of patience on this exercise but the listening possibilities did seem to be almost endless!

1 comment:

prolificwriter said...

This is Jody Weissler, the producer of http://childrensbookradio.com/
I encourage you to go to our site.
We have an rss link button on the homepage. From your post, you are much more likely to enjoy or author interviews as opposed to our illustrator interviews. From the site you could download them all.